- Go to ngrok sign-up and
create a new (free) account.
- Fill-out our secure configurator form to download your personalized easy-install script.
- Run the script:
- On pCP, put setup.sh in /home/tc. Run it using sh setup.sh.
- On Debian, put setup.sh in your home directory, e.g. /home/pi. Run it using
sudo bash setup.sh.
- On macOS, put setup.sh in your Downloads directory. Open a terminal and cd ~/Downloads. Run it using sudo /bin/bash
- On Windows, right-click on setup.ps1 in your
downloads folder and choose Run with
PowerShell. If you get a permissions error, see the comments in the file for a simple
- When the setup script finishes, you will be told that ngrok is running a tunnel to LMS through a URL like https://70c663eee228.eu.ngrok.io. If you visit it from a browser, you'll see your
familiar LMS 9000 homepage.
- Open Amazon's account-linking page for the skill in the Alexa app or web-portal:
- In the field, enter the assigned ngrok URL.
- Enter the credentials you chose on the configurator form in the and fields.
- If you installed LMS-lite, you can now say "Alexa, discover devices". In the case of
MediaServer, say "Alexa, open MediaServer".